The experimental station "DETONATION" at beamline 8 from 7 pole 1.3 T wiggler installed at e+e- collider VEPP-4
- Prof. Boris TOLOCHKO
- Mr. Aleksandr KOSOV
- Prof. Boris TOLOCHKO (Institute of solid state chemistry and mechanochemistry)
- Mr. Oleg EVDOKOV (Institute of solid state chemistry and mechanochemistry SB RAS, Novosibirsk)
- Konstantin TEN (LIH SB RAS)
- Mr. Aleksandr KOSOV (Budker INP SB RAS)
- Dr. Konstantin ZOLOTAREV (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics)
- Dr. Nikolay MEZENTSEV (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics)
- Mr. Vladimir AULCHENKO (BINP)
- Mr. Lev SHEKHTMAN (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics)
- Dr. Vladimir ZHULANOV (Budker INP)
- Mr. Pavel PIMINOV (BINP SB RAS)
The new experimental station "Detonation" was put into operation in test mode on the 8-th synchrotron radiation beamline from collider VEhPP-4. The station was designed for the study of detonation and shock-wave processes in condensed media in conditions approaching parameters (geometrical dimensions, weight), used in practical, industrial applications. Station "Detonation", uses radiation of 7-pole wigglers (five main poles with the field of 1.3 T and the two side, with half the field )/ The new station has a significantly higher parameters as compared with the previous station at VEPP-3, experimental values of the basic parameters such as the intensity and spectrum stiffness, and volume of the explosion chamber permissible increase weight of explosion samples. This makes it possible to significantly reduce the influence of confounding factors, specific to the explosive sample is small and connected with the influence of the near surface, the curvature of the front, and so on. The main detector at the new station will position sensitive detector DIMEX , the use of which the station "Explosion" VEhPP-3 drive has shown great potential methods associated with the use of synchrotron radiation to study fast processes .
 M.G. Fedotov, S.I. Mishnev, V.E. Panchenko, et al. SR front ends of VEPP-4M storage ring. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 470 (2001) 89-93.  V.M. Aulchenko, B.P. Tolochko, L.I. Shekhtman, et al. Fast high resolotuion gaseous detectors for diffraction experiments and imaging at synchrotron radiation beam. Nuclear Instr. and Meth. A 623 (2010) 600-602.  K.A. Ten, E.R. Pruuel, V.M. Titov. SAXS Measurement and Dynamics of Condensed Carbon Growth at Detonation of Condensed High Explosives. Fullerenes, Nanotubes, and Carbon Nanostructures. 20: 587-593. 2012.