МETHOD FOR MANUFACTURING SELF-BEARING MICROSTRUCTURES OF THE PSEUDO-METALLIC TYPE
- Mr. Aleksandr GENTSELEV
- Mr. Aleksandr GENTSELEV (Budker INP, Novosibirsk, Russia)
- Mr. Sergei KUZNETSOV (Novosibirsk State University)
- Dr. Boris GOLDENBERG (Budker INP SB RAS)
- Mr. Sergei BAEV (Federal State Scientific Institution Institute of Automation and Electrometry Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Mr. Evgenii LONSHAKOV (Federal State Scientific Institution Institute of Automation and Electrometry Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
We consider the peculiar features of the LIGA-technology methods elaborated in the Siberian Synchrotron and Terahertz Radiation Centre (SSTRC, BINP SB RAS) and applied to producing quasi-optical subterahertz filters and focusing elements based on high-aspect self-bearing microstructures of the pseudo-metallic type. The essence of the method consists in deep X-ray lithographic patterning of an organic glass (PMMA) substrate followed by covering its entire surface with a thin layer of metal (Ag or Al). The results of manufacturing the inductive microstructures with geometry of honeycomb arrays, including high-pass filters with the cut-off frequency of 0.28 THz and focusing elements operating at 0.65 THz, are presented. The details of spectral characterization of the developed structures using a BWO-spectroscopy technique are discussed. Good agreement between the results of measurements and numerical simulations is demonstrated.