Scanning XRF microanalysis of iron meteorite Sikhote-Alin
- Mr. Fedor DARIN
- Dr. Andrey DARIN (Sobolev Institute of Geology and Mineralogy SB RAS)
- Mr. Fedor DARIN (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics SB RAS)
- Dr. Yakov RAKSHUN (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics)
- Mr. Dmitry SOROKOLETOV (Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics SB RAS)
- Dr. Roman SENIN (NRC «Kurchatov Institute»)
- Dr. Alexey SEREGIN (NRC «Kurchatov Institute»)
- Dr. Victor SHARYGIN (Sobolev Institute of Geology and Mineralogy SB RAS)
The first results of the investigation of microparticles of the Sikhote-Alin iron meteorite are shown. Measurements was carrying out on experimental module X-ray Confocal Microscopy  situated on NRC “Kurchatov Institute”. The experimental parameters are excitation energy 20 keV, the size of the excitation radiation spot on the sample is 15 μm, the scanning step is 20 μm, the measurement time at the point is 10 sec. Two-dimensional maps of the distribution of rock-forming (Ti, Mn, Fe, Ni) and microelements (V, Cr, Cu, Zn, Ga, Ge, As, Rb, Sr, Y, Zr, Mo) in the samples were obtained. This work was partially supported by Comprehensive program of fundamental scientific research of the SB RAS project №0330-2018-0031.
- Sorokoletov D.S., Rakshun Y.V., Darin F.A. // The spread function of a polycapillary lens and a confocal x-ray microscope in retuning its confocal volume// Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing. 2015. Т. 51. № 3. С. 293-301.