The purpose of the work is to create a system for focusing synchrotron radiation for the station “Extreme state of matter” on a VEPP-4 . For experiments at this station, there is a problem of insufficient radiation intensity, which worsens the statistics in fast processes experiments with an exposure time of diffraction patterns of 100 ps [2, 3, 4, 5, 6]. This problem can be solved through the use of refractive focusing optics made of a polymer (epoxy resin SU-8). An x-ray mosaic lens was chosen for focusing . The system makes it possible to focus SR into a smaller spot by increasing the radiation intensity and allowing realizing a local structural analysis. The following tasks were solved:
1) the mechanical precision parts of the detector alignment and fastening system are designed and manufactured;
2) a control program for the adjustment device is designed;
3) a calculation was made of the heat absorption on the lens and its heating under monochromatic and polychromatic radiation using the ANSYS program;
4) the system is installed and debugged on the channel No. 8 VEPP-4;
5) an experiment was conducted to focus synchrotron radiation on a monochromatic beam.
In the experiment it was shown that the lens stably works on monochromatic radiation, but it heats up strongly (heating rate of 17 deg / s) on polychromatic radiation. A scheme of the pulsed operation of the lens (active interval of 100 ms) for the study of fast-flowing processes on polychromatic radiation is proposed.
This work was supported by RFBR grant 19-29-12045 and Ministry of Science and Education of Russia grant AAAA-A17-117030310280-6.
- Tolochko B.P, Kosov A.V., Evdokov O.V., Zhogin I.L.,Ten K.A., Pruuel E.R., Shekchtman L.I., Aulchenko V.M., Zhulanov V.V., Piminov P.F., Nazmov V.P., Zolotarev K.Vb , Kulipanov G.N. The synchrotron radiation beamline 8-b at VEPP-4 collider for SAXS, WAXS and micro tomography investigation of fast processes at extreme condition of high temperature and pressure with nanosecond time resolution. Physics Procedia 84 ( 2016 ) 427 – 433
- Aulchenko, V.M., Zhulanov, V.V., Kulipanov, G.N., Ten, K.A., Tolochko, B.P., Shekhtman, L.I.Investigations of fast processes by X-ray diffraction methods at the Siberian Synchrotron and Terahertz Radiation Center(2018) Physics-Uspekhi, 61 (6), pp. 515-530.
- Pruuel, E.R., Ten, K.A., Tolochko, B.P., Merzhievskii, L.A., Luk'Yanchikov, L.A., Aul'Chenko, V.M., Zhulanov, V.V., Shekhtman, L.I., Titov, V.M. Implementation of the capability of synchrotron radiation in a study of detonation processes(2013) Doklady Physics, 58 (1), pp. 24-28.
- Arakcheev A.S., Aulchenko V.M., Balash I.I., Burdakov A.V., Chernyakin A.D., Dokutovich V.A., Evdokov O.V., Kasatov A.A., Kazantsev S.R., Kosov A.V., Popov V.A., Sharafutdinov M.R., Shekhtman L.I., Shoshin A.A., Tolochko B.P., Vasilyev A.A., Vyacheslavov L.N., Vaigel L.A., Zhulanov V.V. Dynamic observation of X-ray Laue diffraction on single-crystal tungsten during pulsed heat load.
Journal of Synchrotron Radiation. 2019. Vol. 26. P.
- Aulchenko V., Shekhtman L., Zhulanov V., Tolochko B., Pruuel E., Ten K. Development of the microstrip silicon detector for imaging of fast processes at a synchrotron radiation beam.
Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research. Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment. 2017. Vol. 845. P. 169-172.
- Arakcheev A., Aulchenko V., Kudashkin D., Shekhtman L., Tolochko B., Zhulanov V. Development of a silicon microstrip detector with single photon sensitivity for fast dynamic diffraction experiments at a synchrotron radiation beam.
Journal of Instrumentation. 2017. Vol. 12. P. C06002.
- Nazmov V.P., Tolochko B.P. Patent RF 2572045.