Development of hardware-methodological approaches for time-resolved control of synchrotron beam parameters by x-ray acoustooptics based on longwave ultrasound
- Anton TARGONSKIY
- Anton TARGONSKIY (FSRC "Crystallography & photonics" RAS, NRC "Kurchatov Institute")
- Dr. Alexander BLAGOV (NRC "Kurchatov Institute", FSRC "Crystallography & photonics" RAS)
- Dr. Yuri PISAREVSKY (FSRC “Crystallography & Photonics” RAS, NRC “Kurchatov institute”)
- Dr. Pavel PROSEKOV (FSRC “Crystallography & Photonics” RAS, NRC “Kurchatov institute”)
- Yan ELIOVICH (FSRC “Crystallography & Photonics” RAS, NRC “Kurchatov institute”)
- Valentin AKKURATOV (FSRC “Crystallography & Photonics” RAS, NRC “Kurchatov institute”)
- Andrei PROTSENKO (FSRC “Crystallography & Photonics” RAS, NRC “Kurchatov institute”)
- Prof. Mikhail KOVALCHUK (NRC “Kurchatov institute”, FSRC “Crystallography & Photonics” RAS)
Development of the method for time-resolved controlling of x-ray beam parameters by several modes of longwave vibration (longitudinal or bending) will be represented. We suppose that both modes could be useful to provide timeresolved x-ray study. In case of longitudinal vibrations, diffraction conditions changes by modulation of lattice parameters with tension-compression regular deformations. In case of bending vibrations, rotation of reflecting planes of crystal was used.
Based on these researches at Shubnikov Institute of Crystallography of FSRC “Crystallography and Photonics” of RAS and NRC “Kurchatov institute” fundamentally new scientific instrument: the x-ray acoustic laboratory diffractometer as well as x-ray acoustic modules for synchrotron station has been developed and successfully tested. Experimentally achieved space deviation range, time- and angular resolutions are 100-1000 arcsec, 100 ms (theoretically 3 µs) and 0.1 arcsec. respectively. It should be noted that mentioned characteristics depends on types of vibration, x-ray optical schemes, etc.
Some results and prospects of implementation of these approaches for studying dynamic of crystal lattice defects structure of the samples under external influences as well as possibility of controlling the wavelength (energy) or angular position of the x-ray beam on laboratory and synchrotron radiation sources will be shown.
Some promising intention of implementation of x-ray acoustic approaches based on combination of different types of ultrasonic vibrations on synchrotron sources, including the 4th generation, and at the XFEL, which could give a significant expansion of the experimental possibilities, will be discussed.
These researches was performed using the equipment of the Shared Research Center of FSRC “Crystallography and Photonics” of RAS and Unique scientific installation “Kurchatov Synchrotron Radiation Source” and partially was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (proj. № 16-29-14057 ofi_m, 18-52-05024 Arm_a) and the Council on Grants of the President of the Russian Federation МК-2451.2018.2.